The main purpose of LexpansePro application is to make possible for its users to expand their vocabulary and learn new words in 50 languages!
You can download free basic dictionaries in 50 languages in both directions which means altogether 2450 dictionaries are there at your disposal!
With the application you can not only check new words but also learn them with the help of flashcards.
LexpansePro also uses the resources of Wikipedia and Wiktionary and has the in-built dictionary "WordNet", the biggest English language free dictionary.
The application can be easily expanded with new dictionaries in StarDict format.
The main features of LexpansePro:
• 2450 free basic dictionaries;
• selected full dictionaries available as in-app purchase option;
• fast search and instant display of words + fragments of definitions;
• unlimited number of active dictionaries (i.e. limited by available flash memory);
• implements WordNet 3.1, the biggest English language dictionary;
• implements self-learning module in the form of flashcards;
• works offline and online;
• displays full web sites in the inbuilt browser;
• zoom in and out displayed sites;
• easy and fast navigation between displayed sites with forward and backward buttons;
• searches Wikipedia and Wiktionary for the word and displays the results in the inbuilt browser;
• makes possible setting multiple search languages in Wikipedia and Wiktionary;
• implements text-to-speech;
• makes possible the choice of text-to-speech language;
• reads out text selection;
• voice search with the implemented Google(TM) Speech-To-Text;
• makes possible the choice of the language for speech recognition;
• doesn't display advertisements;
• saves search history;
• sorts search history alphabetically, according to date or ticks;
• multilanguage user interface (supports English, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish);
• implements StarDict format of the dictionaries;
• easily lexpandable with new dictionaries;
• provides phonetic transcription of the words ("WordNet" and non Latin dictionaries);
• includes synonyms and antonyms ("WordNet" dictionary);
• includes example sentences ("WordNet" dictionary);
FLASHCARDS module makes possible:
• adding the sought words with their definitions to the flashcards;
• recalling their meaning and checking you remember them correctly;
• reading out the word or phrase from the flashcard;
• controlling your progress of learning new words with the help of color coding;
• following the information about the flashcard;
• removing the learnt words and adding new ones;
• selecting the way the flashcards are displayed;